Tuesday 6 May 2008

grand designs live


The whole of this week, Channel 4 is showing Grand Designs Live: A Week of Live Shows.

Grand Designs is one of my favourite programmes. Hosted by Kevin McCloud, its format is simple and structured. The programme showcase various building, mainly new build and occasionally some conversions; all its glitches and successes as well.

The nightly Grand Designs Live runs as part of the GD Live exhibition in London. The Grand Design Home of the Year Awards is also part of this year’s GD Live exhibition. This time round, Kevin and the GD team will also design and build a sustainable house in the span of a week.

I missed Sunday’s opening episode of GD Live and haven’t been able to catch up on it yet. However, I caught last night’s episode.

For a person who have always held a great fascination on sustainability and eco design, I must say so far I’m not too impressed with the programme. With all the advertising that Channel 4 has been airing, I had high hopes and expectations. However, I think the programme just wasn’t as captivating. Perhaps I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to it.

I do like the experiments that they carried out on the building materials though. Last night they tested treated and untreated tatched roof and tempered glass.

Anyways, I’ll just have to be patient and see how it all goes on then.

No comments: