Monday 19 May 2008

caught.out

I received an email last week informing me that my BT telephone bill was available for viewing online.

I was shocked to see that I had to pay for my phone calls.

You see all this while I had the joys of having free evening and weekend calls. This suits TOH and I so well as we spent at least an hour on the phone every night.

Further checks revealed that my call option now only includes Free Weekend calls!

What’s the point when we see each other during the weekend?! O.o??

This morning, I went through the physical bill that came in the post and also check online on the changes.

Much to my annoyance, on BT’s website, apparently they have sent out letters informing customers of the changes in February. So I can’t challenge them for a refund.

Damn!!

Although the charges wasn’t much but at the end of the day there was still a charge.

Still, I can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that. Just so hate being caught out. Now I think all three of our phones inclusive of GB’s must have increased.

Great. Great. GREAT.

Basic line rental is now £11.75 from £11. If you continue to pay by direct debit and go for paperless bill, basic line rental will continue to be £10.50 a month.

The only way to get free evening and weekend calls now is to sign up for a 12 month renewable contract. And if you pay by direct debit and opt for paperless bills, there is no change in charges.

Otherwise, by not going for a contract and not opting direct debit and/or paperless billing, the costs will be up.

Sigh.

Since I’m on direct debit already, I think I shall consider going paperless. But I still like to receive my bills in the post and don’t want to spend on printing. However, I must admit that I have been laxing on my filing.

Thankfully, I don’t think I need to change my contract as I can still get free evening and weekend calls as long as I call from my Broadband phone.

Last Friday whilst on the bus into town, I saw a notice on the bus informing fare increase from Sunday 18th May. Great.

So that’s at least another 10p increase in bus fares. Day passes are now £3.20 instead of £3.


Today, I found out that the train fare has increased as well. My typical return train fare has now hiked from £2.15 to £2.25. Lovely.

Talk about timing. -___-"


I think I will need to carry out an updated experiment.

No comments: