Wednesday 14 March 2007

i *heart* foreign

I love foreign.

Foreign in this context refer to something that I probably don't speak or listen on a regular basis.

Foreign in this context refer to Italian and French (well, for the time being), okay maybe Japanese and Korean. There's also Spanish to explore as well!

I lurve watching a good foreign movie.

I lurve listening to beautiful songs in foreign language.

My favourite foreign movie is La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful) by Roberto Benigni. This Italian movie was just mesmerising. Luckily I can understand some Italian due to the wonderful years slaving, I mean learning music. But more so, I was able to read the english subs! ;0P

Well La Vita è Bella is different because of how it leaves a lasting impression of the movie. I love the love factor of the movie. How there is so much love in different context. How there are so many ways to see life differently. Ah.. its just a great movie! They deserved every bit of the Oscars!

Few days back I was fortunate to watch the french movie Amelié. It was an interesting story about a girl name Amelié and her adventures or mission - trying to help and possibly make people happy. But I think I love best how the movie was narrated and everything looks so nostalgic/magical. Also another movie that left a lasting impression on me!

I think its the foreignest of it that makes all things foreign interesting.

I would love to one day be fluent in foreign language. I have always wanted to learn spanish (which is at the top of my list) but with french being the lingua franca, I think it is wiser to learn french first. But I also want to improve my italian and learn german... goodness I can hear greedeeeee here.

Until I am fluent in any non-english, -malay or -chinese (and its dialect) language, I think I will be satisfied just continue reading subs! Bring on more things foreign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to find a foreign fan of La Vita è Bella (a pure masterpiece)... I live in Arezzo (Tuscany, Italy), the hometown of Roberto Benigni (my hero), where he shot La Vita è Bella in 1997 (in that summer I went many days to see the set of the film)... If you like that film, I really suggest you to see other Benigni's movies like "Down By Law", "The Tiger and the Snow", "Johnny Stecchino"....