Wednesday 4 August 2010

fuel.price.rant

Through observation, I always felt that Aberdeen has the cheapest fuel. However, after observing for a few weeks, I did notice that Aberdeen no longer has the cheapest fuel.

Last weekend’s diesel price per litre was Glasgow 115.9p, Dundee 114.9p and Aberdeen 116.9p.

You do wonder really. Guess I’ll just have to refuel in Dundee from now on. For the distance I do, luckily currently I only refuel every two weeks and get about 62 mpg!

Of course the issue of fuel prices will always be there. So what are we going to do about it? The fuel companies know that they can get away with it. Like it or not people still need fuel. Even if you don’t drive, but take the public transport, that fuel cost will be transfer to you and reach you some ways. And there is only so much walking and bicycling that you can do.

So I guess, as much as it pains me to say this (maybe just a light pinch), guess we just go to live with the high fuel price and pray that it will one miracle day will come down...

No comments: