Sunday 22 April 2007

a good rest

Last night I stayed up late to watch one of Film 4's Films to See Before You Die - they were showing 'Kung Fu Hustle', even knowing that I have to wake up early to go to work.


Half way through the movie, I was like 'Huh? This is a film to see before you die?!'

Maybe it was the slapstick comedy. Maybe it was the morbid violence. Maybe it was the exaggeration. But somehow, the film didn't appeal to me.

Right, so not all movies are made for everyone. Overall it was ok. I might need to watch it a second time to appreciate it. At the moment its at borderline.

Working early mornings always give me this anxiety of waking up late to go to work. So I usually hardly have a good sleep the night before. I think if I have to wake up early everyday and it has become a routine, it may not be that bad after all.

Wait a minute... but then again, I remember having the radio alarm switched on an hour early, got Su-Anne to come and switch on the room light and if all else fails and I'm still stuck in bed, I get her to tell me that we are late. That always help: I will definitely jump out of bed. You say that why didn't I just get SA to say that we are late in the first instance? Well, for one she is too nice to do that, secondly, I will nag her to no end about it - telling me we're late when we are not. So it is really an achievement that I can wake up and be at work on time on my own accord. Wow!

Okay... so I still need at least an hour's notice for the first alarm to remind me to get up, I need my bed rolling time! Another 20 to 30 minutes to get ready (this considered as a very good allowance) and depending on where I am going, a certain time allocated for travelling.

The question of whether the place of sleep: be it the bed or my new place of sleep the couch, should it be a comfortable resting place or a not so comfortable one? My love of snuggling under the duvet on a cold morning does not help at the process of getting up let alone getting off the bed. Beds (including any place of sleep) should be comfortable enough to sleep and rest but uncomfortable enough to get off in the morning. I wonder how is this ever going to work?

In a total random thing. I heard a girl telling her guy friend that she was so surprised (in a good way) that her bf came over her place one night and presented her with a bottle of champers and box of chocolates because it was exactly a year since they met. She didn't even realised and remembered it. Aawwww...

She said, and I agree, that this kind of things normally remembered by the female party and not the male. I'm so happy for her.

Guys *hint* *hint*. I wonder if SH is reading this.. hehehee.. ;P

No comments: