Thursday 19 April 2007

sober

So much for trying to stay off alcohol. After last week's almost neverending drinking, I was hoping to stay off alcohol for as long as I could.

Last week's drinking log:
Sunday - half bottle of sauvignon blanc (can't remember what was the name)
Monday - the remainder half bottle
Tuesday - pint of Extra Cold Guiness after Rotaract meeting
Wednesday (staff party) - G&T, 2 glasses of medium dry cava, 3-4 bottles of Magners
Thursday - sober
Friday (Paddy's leaving do) - 1 and half bottle of rosé, 2 G&T

The staff party was a good one. Overall it was a good week, a great week actually! I spent on my shopping but I gained £85 through winning stuff. Bliss! Now, awaiting for the incriminating evidence from the staff party. Can't complaint much thought, it was truly a good night.

After Friday I stayed sober, up until Tuesday night. The Shrink was back. And I would never miss our 'sessions' where possible. These 'sessions' normally consists of good conversations over drinks and sometimes some grub. (The Shrink must be laughing when he read this, me calling him 'The Shrink')

Anyways... it was a good night as usual. I often look back and thank God that I have friends like The Shrink who keep me sane. I am also thankful for others which I will speak about them more in future.

So on Tuesday, the company had a group of people doing an internal video. There was a small team of people directing and filming in store. It was about Plan A, the company's commitment to change. I was quite surprised to be pulled in to give my views on it. I was briefed roughly about the questions to be asked and then had this HUGE camera pointing at my face (from the side).

Mr. Director: What do you think of Plan A?
ennazus: Erm, I think Plan A is a good plan. (dooosh! wtf?! Obviously it is a good plan! Gawd!)

At one point, Mr. Director had to point out that I was sneeking a peek at the camera, and I should be looking between his eyes or over his shoulders, anywhere but the camera. Well, I didn't realised I was doing it actually.

Goodness! All the memories of my primary school english storytelling competition started flooding back. Me on the stage telling my story (which I can't remember what was it about now) and then my concentration started to wonder. Somehow it had me ended up staring at the mic because there was an ant scurrying around it. It was all mumble after that. It was so embarassing!

I don't know how much of my opinion will be kept for the video. Won't be surprise that it will not be used at all.

Got me thinking, am I that bad during a spontanous interview? Hmm... Maybe I was just not prepared. I mean: I love public speaking, I love presentations, and I know I do it quite well. But not on this ocassion. Must have been hard for those people who appear on the news being interviewed on the streets.

3 comments:

Mag said...

Bring on the alcos! Alcos keep us sane, that's why we drink... :P

Suzanne said...

Yeah definitely! But my liver may not think the same... hahaha.. ;P

Mag said...

I know what you mean... The last crazy session i had was with your sister a few years back. My liver was practically out of order for a week!!! Kekekeke...