Monday 2 April 2007

advertisement



I cannot imagine life without advertisements.

I love advertisements. As a self confessed tv addict it is easy to say ' I will go to this or that during the advertisements'. But because my love for ads it is not easy to do as say.

Some ads by certain brands/companies are rather distinctive. Of course this depends on their chosen ad agency, continuing ad storyline, their marketing plans, and many many more ad terms that I'm not familiar with.

The length of an ad, what time it is broadcasts and the quality of the ad tells a lot of a company - how much they are willing to spend and how much they had spent.

The first thing that capture my attention in an ad is the music/jingle. I love ads that leave a lasting impression or one that has a good first impression. I think it is important that an ad has a good jingle but not one with an annoying jingle that sticks to your mind and couldn't be shaken off no matter what.



The next is a good storyline. I love ads that make me laugh. I think it is important that an ad makes sense. If it doesn't the company has wasted their time and money, and probably the ad agency is laughing all the way to their bank.



I presumed it won't be easy working in an ad agency. One must have constant flow of creative juices, knowing how to satisfy their clients, and making sure that the ad makes sense and cents. No one wants to spend all those money and does not bring in any money for the company.

Thanks to certain websites and ad critic programs, we get to see more ads from around the world. Some ads that may not make sense to some, means a lot to others.

I'm not sure how am I going to end this posting but I hope that those creative minds behind all those ads out there - whether good or bad, don't stop producing ads. There are people who actually watch it!

No comments: