Tuesday 29 April 2008

lightning.&.thunders

For the first time in many years, I'm experiencing lightning and thunders.

Interestingly while living in Aberdeen, there is hardly any of the above.

But not this evening. There were lots of it. I don't understand why I was still walking in that pouring rain to the optician and then to the doctors.

In normal tropical circumstances, people stay away from being out in the rain. People try to be at a lower point as possible. People stay away from trees.

But what was I doing? Walking in the pouring cats and dogs, monkeys and bear rain, and skipping along the pavement trying to avoid the puddles!

Chance-ing it? I don't think so...

Anyways, there was this pain while the rain come chucking down. Then I realised it was hailstones!

Great, pouring barnyard animals and all sorts, now hailstones are thrown in for good measure.

By the time I reached the doctor, I was soaking wet. My boots all wet, my coat all wet, my bag wet, my phone strap wet, my clothes wet, and all this, with an umbrella.

Lovely South West weather.

I can only thank God that the experience didn't repeated itself when I left the doctors. Nonetheless...

No comments: