Friday 22 June 2007

(un)healthy meals

After having one of the best burgers on Tuesday, plus with the surplus of some food from the barbie, I planned to have some more burgers on Wednesday.

So I asked The Shrink what is he doing after work on Wednesday. He said...
'Going to the pub with YOU. Having a few drinks. Have dinner with YOU. More drinks with YOU and going home late.'

Gosh! I somehow gave him the impression that I'm that kind of person. In such a sorry state that all we ever do is go to the pub.

Weelll.... sadly the reality is that I'm in such a sorry state. And needed my therapy sessions. I don't think any other psychiatrist out there is as awsome as the one I have! hahahaa.. I'm so blessed!

Anyways, I was in a sort of mood to drown my sorrows... Hmm.. but after all the recent binge drinking and me being me, its not necessary the want will often become the action.

Back to the burgers story, so I said we'll have burgers tonight instead. While waiting for The Shrink to finish work, I managed to get hold of those yummy M&S burgers. So those non M&S standard burgers were chucked into the freezer.

We had a good dinner: burgers with potato salad and santini tomatoes, whole punnet of strawberries and finished half the bottle of gin that I had. Note to self: gin shopping. I had been encouraged lately to have more healthy meals and this was one that was really healthy, minus the gin.

Sadly, at the same time I purchased the M&S burgers I also picked up some other M&S BBQ food. So last night, I had beef kebabs with potato salad and santini tomatoes. And earlier in the day I cooked lamb shish skewers for lunch.

Cooking the food on the grill pan does give you some form of satisfaction because you see the fats coming out of the meat. However, having a kitchen without windows and an extractor fan that is not the strongest, leaves you with a flat full of food smell.

Which can be quite sickening.

Which makes you do all sorts to try to get rid of the food smell.

Which can be quite futile at times.

Which probably leaves you with more smells, a concoction of smells in the flat.

%@$*&

Not only that, having the fats splatter everywhere means more cleaning for me. I finally had my kitchen cleaned today from the fats but realised that I may just be cooking more burgers tonight. hmmm... Must cook (eat) healthy food.

At least I have the consolation that I will be having lovely king strawberries after meal tonight. Yummy!!!


Updated: Luckily I had salads for dinner and strawberries. I can sleep peacefully tonight knowing consciously I have eaten healthily. hehehe...

No comments: