Sunday 6 May 2007

great sunday

I got up this morning and all I wanted to do was just to lie in.

Somehow I've taken up SH silly habit of lying in is just a little more time in bed than usual and I mean really just a little more. Long gone are the days of lying in means few hours more in bed! I don't know why I can't do it anymore?! I'm also waking up a few hours before the alarm goes off.

Anyways, I got up and then dragged myself to church. Contemplating all my way there - will I be late? Should I take the bus? Should I walk? Prance? Skip?

The deliberation was quite a waste of time anyways but I arrived at church just in time.

I try my very best to go to church as often as possible but situation will arise and excuses will be readily available.

While sitting on the pew I was thinking of how going to church back home was like routine. We will always go to church in two cars for some reason, somehow. Petrol was cheap - not! Probably we didn't understand conserving and the environment. And the time just idle away in church - worship, announcements, prayer, sermon/message, and then benediction. I know that there are times that the body is there but the mind is not. Sad but true.

Away from home, going to church really takes a different meaning. The effort of going to church is different from what we experience back home. There will always be distraction and excuses along the way. However, the time that I do go to church is always rewarding and I find that it is really meaningful to attend services. I am truly blessed in that way! While visiting my sister Suemae in Japan, we went to her church and that itself was a journey. It really shows that when you love God, you will go great lengths to please Him. Of course, I think SM didn't have much of a choice being assigned to a church in the heart of Tokyo. I think it was about one and half hour journey from the time she step out her door.

I reminisce my church serving days. Being a christian it is important that you serve, it is actually a commandment that you serve and I hardly do it now. I enjoy playing music and singing for God. The good looking guy was playing the guitar today. He sings very well too. I can remember the names of the rest of his family but not his, a little sad. Anyways, thats not the point.

The point is that because of serving in church by either playing the guitar or back up singing (I tried worship leading a few times), I had the opportunity to dabble with other musical instruments like bass guitar and drums. And my love for music grew at a greater rate during those time. I know I'm crap at the piano and dare not play that in church (not that I didn't try). Sometimes I feel as if by playing in church I will be miraculously bestowed the talent to play very well. It didn't happened as I envisaged but many in church inspired me to play even though I'm not the best musician around. I really miss those times.

Pastor Matthew's message on John 6 was appropriate for my contemplation today.

My afternoon was then spent in Seaton Park supporting James on his 50 mile bike ride round the park raising funds for his Tearfund trip to Rwanda this summer. Due to the weather and other reasons, he managed to complete 30 miles which was really good I would say. I don't think I could do that all in a day. We also had bbq in the park. We had to cover up the burn patch since it is not allowed to bbq on the grass.



It was a beautiful sunny day with strong breezes. Not long the wind brought in the gray coulds and rain/drizzle.

We then disperse and ended up going to Frances's flat to clean up the wash shed for Lisa's furniture - long story. It was good though. Nice people. They were from James's church. It was nice spending time with them. Weird but nice. Weird cos I didn't really know them and help out cleaning (possibly on a cleaning streak - cleaning other people's stuff). They did invite me to go watch Spidy (as Ning calls it) but I had to politely turn down cos SH and I are going to watch it. But boys will be boys. Given the chance to destroy, they will deliver.


All in all it was a day well spent.

I saw this really cool group of BMW bikes today. I wonder will I ever get a motorbike license and own my very own BMW superbike?

I do enjoy watching foreign films. Another reminiscing: watching foreign films in GSC Mid Valley. Not that I had watched a lot of foreign films there but I think foreign films seemed like art films to me, maybe cos I don't understand that much of the language.

Watching C.R.A.Z.Y. on Film Four just now. Its in Québécois French. So far so good, maybe because its foreign. ;P By the way, C.R.A.Z.Y. = Christian, Raymond, Antoine, Zac and Yvan.

It's driving me crazeee.... How do you stop a freezer from squeeking/buzzing?!

1 comment:

Mag said...

Great to hear that you have found a whole new meaning of going to church. It sure beats going there just to live out the routine. :)