Wednesday 19 September 2007

perception

What happened last evening was as good as your guess and mine.

Many times we are faced with situations that you really don’t know what is happening or why it is happening or even why it happened.

That was how I felt when The Big Guy, Mr. ComMgr, Mr. Planner, Mr. PM, LMM, and myself: ComQS had that discussion last evening. We even have the Rather Highest One in the conversation too!

I remember The Big Guy at one point say that we will stay here every evening to get the thing sorted even if it meant him buying fish suppers.

I hope that was not a serious comment! Although it sounded serious at that time. Don’t think I can have fish suppers every night.

There I was wondering my existence. Wondering why or what I was doing there.

It is the same with many issues in life. Why do you exist? Why and what are you doing here? What are you doing is it right? Or is it wrong? What’s next?

And amongst the heated discussion, all that crossed my mind was that I wanted to lie down there and then on the blue/grey/purpleish carpet and stare at the ceiling above me, letting the discussion and voices drift into something incoherent.

Naïve as it seems I just felt that if I own up or just take the blame of whatever the issue, it will go away. But that is the same with life, not everything will go away or solve by itself even if you own up to something, whether it is caused by you or not.

I just felt as if I just stirred a huge pot of shite. All was probably calm and peaceful before my presence. Mind you, this is not exactly the first pot I’ve stirred ever since started work.

Still rather confused with all that has happened, I spoke to The Big Guy this morning. It is still a work in progress but the way he said it was ‘it was an open and frank discussion’.

It wasn’t a bad thing after all. And the fact that he said it that way shows what a little perception can do wonders.

Mr. PM later said to me that it was a very good discussion as the problem has been there all along but the fact that it has been highlighted to the Mighty Powers Above making them realised that there is such an existing issue, is a step to change, a step to improvement, a step to solving an issue.

Pat on the back?

Hmm…

On the issue of perception, there once was this story I heard…

A boy once participated in a race in his school. There were only two participants to the race. He wasn’t the fastest. When he went home, he excitedly told his parents that ‘I ran in the race and I was the second one from the top!’.

Perception.

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Perception.

Guess at the end of the day, life is not as bad as it may sound. It is just a matter of perception.

No comments: