Monday 29 October 2007

concert!!!

After seeing TOH off at Buchanan bus station I headed off to Borders for my continued book shopping, even though we were there the day before.

Just after I crossed the road to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, I thought 'why not have look at that poster there (highlighting events in Glasgow)?'

As I looked at the various upcoming performance, guess what I saw?!!!

Tommy Emmanuel in Concert!!! Wednesday, 14th November 2007, 7:30pm at City Hall!


OMG.omg.OMG.omg.OMG. O.M.G.!!!!!

The last time I saw him in concert was in 1998, when he was performing in KL at the Dewan Filharmonik Petronas (Petronas Philharmonic Hall).

I have MarcusKhoo to thank for though. I think without him I probably wouldn't have known about Tommy Emmanuel. Wait.a.minute. It could be MelvynKhoo. Hmmm... *deep thoughts*

On the safe side, let's just say one (or maybe both) of the Khoo brothers that told us (the rest of the lot) about Tommy performing in KL.

But just before that I have been listening to some of Tommy's music, again, stirred by the one of them (goodness!!! I have a strong feeling it was Melvyn). Whichever one of you, please do not come and strangle me for not remembering exactly who... I'm trying very hard to remember...

Anyways, I remembered there was quite a small group of us that went. If my memory serves me right, we went for a guitar workshop and then the concert later that evening.

Right after the guitar workshop, I remembered going into the then Salem Power Station to buy his The Journey album for his autograph session.

I still have the signed copy of the album back home aaaaannnnddd the group of us even have a group picture taken with him!

As much as I am a fan of his works, the only other album of his that I have is (hey, his albums don't come cheap!) The Day Finger Pickers Took Over the World, his works with Chet Atkins. I think it must be the album cover that got me buying it in the first place.

Anyways, after not following his works for a long time, it was somewhat interesting to see his pic on the poster with his greying hair, after all he is this cool and talented dude even at the age of 55! And the last time I saw him was almost 10 years ago!!!


So I went to look for his tickets online. When I was searching for the tickets I can't remember where was it going to be held, so I did a general search 'Tommy Emmanuel Glasgow'.

And then I clicked on the website, World Ticket Shop and guess how much the tickets were? It was £100 (€145) a pop!!! I was like wtf O_o?!!

Unsatisfied, I tried googling 'Glasgow Concert Halls'. And then I found the tickets here, only at £14.50.

What a difference!

I want to go and buy my ticket in person so that I can choose the seats and it doesn't really say online if it is £14.50 for any seats or starting from.

Oh well, wish me luck!

*Updated Wedensday 31st October*
So I finally managed to go into the boxoffice at The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall to buy the tickets. It was £14.50 for any seat. So that's me sorted for Tommy Emmanuel's concert on the 14th. Now I need to update my Outlook Calendar!!! Wooohoooo..........!!!!!

No comments: