Monday 20 August 2007

breakfast

It’s week two of my new job.

Last night I couldn’t sleep. It was annoying as I was so tired but I had too many things on my mind. The timing was just perfect(!). Yeah right!

So wanting a wee lie in this morning, I overslept instead. Luckily my workplace is rather flexible but it wasn’t that bad, I was only late a few minutes, ten minutes top.

No breakfast/coffee/tea in my stomach, I am craving for Nasi Lemak (coconut rice). Yuummm… Even better if I can have Nasi Lemak Sotong (coconut rice with squid in sambal) with one whole egg instead of the usual quarter. If this is Malaysia, I would have bought something along the way into work or I could just nip out to buy it. But noooo…, there is no such convenience here. :(

Yesterday (Sunday), after waking up, TOH and I went to Justice Mill for breakfast. We had the Scottish Breakfast: fried egg, bacon, lorne sausage, black pudding, potato bread, and bake beans, and I had it with a nice cup of mocha (which was a little too sweet for my taste). It was great. A nice fry up but I can only have this not too often. Not the healthiest of food, I would say.

Coming back to work breakfast, I miss the mornings when working in TYL. I love the simple fried noodles from the vegetarian stall a stone throw away in the mornings. Sometimes for a treat I get some fried vegetarian stuff or even a fried egg to go with the noodles. It does make a lot of difference.

If Aunt I stay over, we often end up at the coffee shop across the road from work where I would normally have Milo kosong ice (Milo ice without milk or sugar), two soft boiled eggs and roti bakar (toast) served with butter and kaya.

Other times, I would maybe grab a bowl of noodles: kueh teow soup (broad flat noodles in soup), asam laksa, pan mee (always the thin ones with an egg), curry noodles or whatever noodles. I love my noodles if you have not notice by now.

Other mornings, I would just pick up mee goreng (fried noodles), nasi lemak, curry puff or some kuihs from the stall just at the bottom of the pedestrian flyover opposite Kelana Jaya LRT (Light Rail Transit) station.

I always love breakfast and think that it is the easiest meal to decide what to eat. But sometimes I prove myself wrong. There can be a wide selection to choose from as well.

Anyways, I better get back to work. But before that, I think I’ll grab a cup of tea and muffin. Boring!

No comments: