Friday 30 November 2007

schoolnightout

Met up with TS last night.

It is always good to see him.

Reminds me of all the great times we had together. Good and bad.

Reminds me of how good a friend he is to me.

Reminds me of how good our friendship is.

Was annoyed that I got caught in the traffic to meet TS. We were supposed to meet at Borders. It didn’t help that it was peak hour, plus since it was late night shopping Thursday and it is reaching up to Christmas, the traffic was heavier than usual. The bus was sitting in the traffic for quite a while.

I finally gave up waiting, got off the bus and walked to Borders.

When I arrived at Borders, it was interesting to know there were quite a number of people waiting outside in front of Borders for their friends/someone.

We had our little walkie around Glasgow. And boy, do I miss our walkies.

TS always amaze me with his vast knowledge of buildings in a city. He knows so much about the space, the architect, the history, what it looks like how many years ago, etc etc.

It was a great night of catching up.

After our wee walk, we had a nice meal at Mings in Princes Square. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We had the Special Combination Platter for starter, I had the Thai Seafood Combination Green Curry with boiled rice, and he had the Coconut Black Pepper Crispy King Prawn with fried rice.

We later headed back towards the Merchant City to the Beer Café as there was a jazz band performing.

It was really nice. Haven’t really been to anything like this for a long time. Or as long as I can remember.

We were both very tired but sitting there listening to the good music and just relaxing there, it was just so good.

I was sitting there reflecting on a lot of things that has happened in my life. Thinking about the past, present and future.

Being one who doesn’t drink beer very often I had a pint of Kirin beer, a glass of G&T and tried half a pint of cheery beer. The Kirin beer was very refreshing. I thought I wanted another pint when I first had a sip of it but then a pint was quite a lot when you have it with a meal. The cherry beer was something new. It has a little cherry tardiness to the taste but very unique, fragrant and refreshing. I would definitely have it again.

When the performance was over, we headed up to George Square to catch the bus home. George Square is beautifully lighted up with its flickering Christmas lights.

After packing up for the trip up the road today, I went to bed at 1am.

It was very naughty of me. Going out and coming back late on what TOH calls, a ‘school night’.

I didn’t want to get up this morning and had to take the later train to work. And since it is a Friday, I will be going off early before 4pm to catch the train up north. What a skivey day!

Looking forward to a fantastic weekend.

No comments: