Wednesday 21 November 2007

visiting site

Among the Commercial QSs in my team, I think I’m considered the luckiest.

I work with a great team. My Project Managers can be quite demanding and this drives me to learn more. But each one of them is very patient, nice and friendly too.

I consider myself the luckiest because there are nine QSs, not counting the Commercial Manager and I’m the only one who gets to go to site.

Out of the twenty or so projects that I have, I’ve already been to at least four sites. I missed out on going to one more site when I was locked out of my flat.

I get very excited going to site.

Just because I get the chance to be outside of the office. A change of scenery.

And it is a change indeed.

Most of the project sites are in the countryside. Often, we come upon sheep, sheep, cows, coo (shaggy brown highland cows), sheep, donkeys, oh and did I mentioned sheep?

I thought after my wee trip to Shetland, I have seen enough of sheep and Shetland Ponies.

But I guess there is just something about animals and the countryside.

Anyways, going to site helped me to understand the project more, making those numbers makes sense. Helping me understand the various issues on site as well.

And because I don’t have a car, I can only go to site with my Project Managers and sometimes with the Contractor(or in our case, we call them delivery partner)’s Contract Manager.

The long drive to site is made more bearable because we often have good chat about everything and anything.

I think it is good as well. It is a good opportunity to get to know the people I work with.

I’m so blessed that way.

It’s greener too!

This morning, I decided to ‘delegate?’ ‘dedicate?’ a bag for my site gear.


Good ol’ Ikea bag.

Now, I'm looking forward to go to Tobermory where the BBC preschool programme, Balamory was filmed in. I can't wait for the chance to see the colourful buildings in Tobermory.

And I will try my best not to sing the Balamory song. ^_^

No comments: