Sunday 18 November 2007

since we met

Ever since I first heard this song, it is one of my favourite Tommy Emmanuel songs.

And since I just went for his concert, plus how much I love this song, it is only fittingly that this song is shared with my beloved.

Tommy, and I'm sure with all songwriter, has a story behind each song they composed. And this was no exception.

'Since We Met', was written in the back of the taxi that Tommy was travelling in. He was in love with somebody at that time and he wanted to write her a song. He only had 20 minutes to write this song. So, Tommy took out his guitar from his case and his cassette recorder that he carried with him and told the taxi driver to drive slowly while he wrote (and recorded) the song. And just as the simple title says it all, a love song written by a lovesick guy, it is such a beautiful song that I loved ever since I first heard it.


Since We Met by Tommy Emmanuel




To my wonderful bf, this song is dedicated especially to you!

I had the best three months with you.

You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm forever thankful of that.

A very patient person (when I don't push you overboard, but still VERY patient even when I do drive you to the edge) and a great listener, you understand me better than anyone I've known.

You are such a sweetheart.

As much as we know the distance seems unbearable but it is also amazing how well we use it to our advantage.

And as usual, weekends means more to us, and we look forward to each one of it with much anticipation.

With lots love... xx

No comments: