Wednesday 18 July 2007

country driving 101

During our road trip, I was telling TS who doesn’t drive, that when faced with animals in your path, drive on and do not step on your brakes suddenly. Just continue to drive. You never know what is going to happen.

You will not know if there is a car behind you.
You will not know if the car behind you is keeping the right distance.
You never know if you are going to swerve to the left.
Or to the right.
Will you be going into the fence?
Into the ditch?
Or into the gorge.
Or into the tree.
Or just into something.
You will not know if you will be going into the oncoming car.
If there is an oncoming car.


It’s okay if it is an animal. Road kills happens all the time. We can do with one less of a rabbit, a seagull, a deer, a monitor lizard, etc. But we can’t cause harm to another human.

Speaking of seagulls, I saw a group/flock of seagulls (about four of them) stopped traffic on Schoolhill as they decided to fight in the middle of the road. This Range Rover had to stop and not roll over the group. Should he just drive on? Would definitely be a sight!

Back to the story… And I continued, in Malaysia, you get cats that just like to dart out as and when they like. Any chain of events happens when you step on your brake just to save the kitty cat. (Mind you, both of us are cat lovers!)

Again, it’s okay if it is an animal.
But it is not okay if it is a human.

TS who had been listening intently went…
TS: It is okay even if it is human.
ennazus: … (hmm)

Not long after that…

ennazus: Oops… SORRY! I just rolled over a rabbit.
TS: Really?!
ennazus: Yeah, it was trying to cross the road. And I just rolled over it. I saw it rolling out and I think the car behind me rolled over its tail.

ennazus: Sorry rabbit.

ennazus: Like my theory says, do not brake suddenly.


Am I cold blooded or what?!

Current song that is stuck on my head.

Amazing Love
Words & Music by Billy James Foote

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken.
I’m accepted. You were condemned.

I’m alive and well,
Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again.

Amazing love, how can it be
That you, my King would die for me?

Amazing love, I know it’s true:
It’s my joy to honor you.
In all I do I honor You.

You are my King.
You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King.

No comments: