Monday 7 January 2008

early

I was very pleased with myself for getting into work early on my first day back.

Woke up early and refreshed, and I even had breakfast at home, that is indeed a change!

Today was a rather interesting day, everyone come along, give you a hand shake and a peck on the cheek and wish you ‘Happy New Year’. It is such a nice thing to do, so warm and fuzzy. Such is the culture.

TOH and I joked that it is an opportunity for the men to touch the women’s hand and chance to peck them on the cheek! >_<

Unfortunately I wasn’t in much of the mood to chat unlike some of my colleagues.

As much as I’m so happy to be back at work (deep down I’m a workaholic), I started feeling quite poorly since coming into work. There were choruses of coughing throughout the office and by 11am I just wanted to go home. All I managed to do the whole day was to cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough and cough.

After my discussion in the afternoon I was ready to bolt off for a date with Vicks bath and Lemsip.

Not too bad for coming in fifteen minutes early and going off half an hour early.

No comments: